Sundried Tomato, Horseradish Crusted Prime Rib
Hello there friends, Last year I made the Perfect Prime Rib. That recipe is absolutely delicious, if you haven't made it yet I highly recommend you do. This year I wanted to switch it up a bit, by adding a Horseradish Crust. This elevates the flavour of the Prime Rib to a whole other dimension!
For the Prime Rib:
- 3 bones Rib Roast (The Chef cooked a 7 ½ pound Roast)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- About 1 ½ to 2 cups prepared Breadcrumbs (recipe below)
For the Breadcrumb Crust:
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano (if you do not have any double up on the Parmesan)
- 2 ounces Reggiano Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes
- ½ cup Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Garlic roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
- 4 to 6 slices Country Bread
Salt the Roast generously all over and place it on a rack on a cookie sheet in the fridge not covered for a few hours or as much as 48 to 72 hours
Preheat Oven to 250°F / 120°C
Cook the Prime Rib:
- Remove the roast from the fridge and season it with black pepper. Coat the top with the Dijon mustard using a silicone brush if you have one. Coat the mustard with the about 1 ½ cup of the breadcrumbs and pack it in. Spray a thin layer of canola oil or olive oil spray on top pf the bread crumbs. (If you have some breadcrumbs left over you can easily freeze them).
- If you have the bones place them in a roasting pan, or a lasagna pan and place the roast on top. If you do not have them do not worry about it.
- Insert your meat thermometer in the center of the roast like the chef did in the video. Cover the roast with aluminum paper for the first hour to make sure the crust does not brown to fast. Place it in the oven until you reach an internal temperature of 118F to 120F (It could take 2 ½ to 3 hours). Let it rest for about 30 minutes.
Increase the Oven Temp to 500°F / 260°C
- When ready to heat finish in the 500°F oven for about 15 minutes and at this point you do not need it to rest you are ready to enjoy it!
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023