This Easy Sweet Potato Just May Be The Perfect Side Dish for Any Holiday Gathering!
What would this time of year be without a Sweet Potato side dish? Today friends I am going to share with you my go-to sweet potato recipe with raisins soaked in rum. But you certainly can skip the raisins and top this recipe in mini marshmallows if choose.
The Easiest Sweet Potato Side Dish Recipe Ever!
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- 2 or 3 Sweet Potatoes cut in slice
- 4 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- 2 ounces Orange Concentrate
- 6 ounces Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Corn Starch diluted into 2 tablespoons water, use as needed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Reggiano Parmesan
- ¼ cup Raisins Marinated in rum (optional)
Preheat Oven to 375°F
- In boiling water poach the potatoes until they are tender but not mushy (cooked 95%).
- In a saucepan, add 2 tablespoons butter and add all the remaining ingredients to make the glaze, except the Parmesan, cornstarch, and the raisins. Bring to boil, cook the glaze a very low heat until it tastes nice and smooth. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and adjust consistency with cornstarch to make sure the glaze sticks on the potatoes.
- Transfer the poached potatoes into an oven-proof buttered baking dish. Sprinkle the raising on top and pour the glaze over the potatoes add parmesan and bake for 10 minutes.