Transform Your Lunch with the Best Chicken Salad Recipe!
Hello friends today I’m gonna share with you how to make a cold beautiful chicken salad. I make it with all kinds of goodies from cherries to almonds, and without mayonnaise. This chicken salad recipe is unbelievable, you’re gonna love it, I promise you!
So let’s get started on making this amazing chicken salad!
My Best Chicken Salad Recipe: Learn My Secret Ingredients!
For the Chicken:
- ¼ of a Red Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves, smashed
- 3 to 4 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 14 Peppercorns (do not count them 😉)
- 2 Chicken Breasts, 6 to 8 ounces each
- Salt to taste
- Chicken Stock, or water, enough to cover the Chicken
For the Dressing:
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Dill
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 tsp Red Chili Pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¾ cup Olive Oil (preferably Garlic Olive Oil)
- 2 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 pinch ground Cumin or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sherry Vinegar, to taste
- Lemon Juice, to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- ¼ cup Dried Cherries, chopped
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- ¼ cup White Raisins
- 1 teaspoon (add more for spiciness) Red Chili Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Shallots finely diced
- ½ cup Celery, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon Carrots shredded
- ½ cup Fennel, very finely chopped
- Black Pepper, to taste
Poach the Chicken:
- In a pot large enough to hold the 2 breasts side by side, add the onion, garlic, thyme, chicken breasts and cover with chicken stock (or water). Bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and leave for about 12-15 minutes, ensuring the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 155°F to 160°F (68°C to 71°C).
- Remove the chicken from the stock, let it cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate for a few hours until cold. Dice the chicken into small cubes and store in the fridge.
- NOTE: Strain and save the stock for future recipes if desired.
Prepare the Dressing:
- In a blender, combine egg, mustard, garlic, dill, Italian parsley, chili pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil until emulsified to a mayonnaise-like consistency.
- Add sour cream, cumin, sherry vinegar and lemon juice. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Prepare the Salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, add half of the dressing. Combine with chicken cubes, dried cherries, almonds, white raisins, chili pepper, shallots, celery, carrots, black pepper, and fennel. Adjust dressing consistency and quantity to your taste.
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023