French-Inspired Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe: For The Ultimate Dessert!
Croissant bread pudding is a delightful twist on the classic bread pudding. We’re combining the buttery, flaky goodness of croissants with the rich, velvety texture of traditional bread pudding. The result? An irresistible, luxurious dessert that’ll have you coming back for seconds, thirds, and maybe even fourths!
In this croissant bread pudding recipe, you’ll be amazed at how some simple ingredients come together to create a symphony of flavors that will make your taste buds dance.
If you’re ready to embark on this culinary adventure with me, let’s dive into this unforgettable croissant bread pudding recipe. Trust me, your sweet tooth will thank you!
For the Creme Anglaise click here
So, let’s get cooking!
Amazing Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe: Rich and Creamy!
- 8 Individual Ramekins 5 to 6 ounces each
- 2 cups approximately Raisin Bread OR Croissants cut in ¼ “cubes
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Pure Tahitian Vanilla Extract
- 8 large Eggs
- 1 or 2 tablespoons Kalhua
- 1 cup of Sugar or adjust to your liking
- 1 cups Raisins marinated in Spiced Rum
- Preheat Oven to 375˚
- Spray the inside of each individual ramekin with soft butter or a non-stick spray like “Baker Joy” or “Pam with flour”. Sprinkle the inside of each ramekin with sugar for extra texture. Divide the bread or croissant into each ramekin filling them about ¾ to the top. Top with the chocolate chips.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream. In a glass bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Add the warm cream slowly to the eggs, add Kalhua. Pour the hot cream and egg mixture into each ramekin and top with marinated raisins and be sure to ‘submerge’ all breads cubes with the cream mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Run a knife around the side to unmold and serve warm. Top with the Cream Anglaise.
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023