Spicy Chorizo Sausage Stuffing
- 1 cup Dark Raisins
- ¼ cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 ½ pounds Chorizo Sausage or your favorite sausage casings removed
- 2 cups Yellow Onions diced small
- 1 ½ cup Celery Hearts diced small
- 1 ½ cup Carrots diced small
- 1 ½ tablespoons Fresh Sage chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons Fresh Thyme chopped
- 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 6 ounces Spinach Leaves roughly cut into ¼ inch strips
- 4 to 5 cups Corn Bread crumbled
- 2 cups Granny Smith Apples skinned and diced small
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley chopped, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish at the end
- 1 cup Roasted Chestnuts crumbled
- ½ pound Ham diced small
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Milk or Buttermilk
Makes 10 to 12 Servings
Preheat Oven to 375°
- Soak the raisins at room temperature in your favorite liquor for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a large sauté pan over high heat, sauté the sausage and cook until golden brown. This could take 10/15 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for a couple minutes. When the sausage is nice and golden brown remove them from the pan and reserve.
- In the same pan add the onions and cook until light golden brown. Add the carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add the fresh herbs, spinach and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add a cover it will cook faster. Just before you finish the cooking add the garlic and cook for a minutes or until fragrant.
- In a large bowl with the corn bread, add raisins, apples, parsley, chestnuts, ham and raisins mix well. Add the buttermilk and mix carefully and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Butter generously a baking pan or dish (approx. 15"x10"x2") Place the stuffing in the baking pan, sprinkle with chopped parsley and bake until the top is golden brown.
For the Woll Non-Stick Fry Pan: click here For the Laser Thermometer: click here For the Silicone Spatula: click here For the Lasagna Pan: click here
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023
You sir are the best chef in the country by far, your food, is incredible and your personality is perfect for an audience.
I have been watching you for years , I used to watch you on PBS and I was hooked immediately . Thank you for all you do, and for keeping your YouTube channel going. it means the word to us who appreciate you and your amazing skills and your ability to teach in a way that is easy to understand and comprehend . you rock !!!!!!
Wow, Brian, thank you! It is comments like yours that make my day. I love my life! I feel very lucky to have followers such as you.