Corn Muffins & Sausage Stuffing
- 1 cup Dark Raisins
- ½ cup Dark Spiced Rum
- 2 pounds Pork Turkey or Chicken Sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups Yellow Onions diced small
- 1 ½ cups Celery Hearts diced small
- 1 ½ cups Carrots diced small
- 2 tablespoons fresh Sage chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Rosemary chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Thyme chopped
- 6 cups Corn Muffins or Cornbread crumbled
- 1 Granny Smith Apples skinned and diced small
- 1 cup peaches in a light syrup cut into medium dice
- ¼ cup fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 cup Roasted Chestnuts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Milk or Buttermilk
- Preheat Oven to 375°
- Spray a baking pan or dish (approx. 15"x10"x2") with a non-stick spray or brush with butter.
- Soak the raisins at room temperature in your favorite liquor for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight. If you do not have the time to wait, put them covered in the microwave for 2 minutes to plump them up.
- In a large sauté pan over high heat, sauté the sausage and cook until golden brown. Add the onions and cook until light golden brown. Add the carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add the fresh herbs and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the vegetable are almost cooked but not mushy.
- Transfer to a large bowl with the muffins; add the apples, peaches, chestnuts, salt and pepper, buttermilk, and raisins mix well.
- Pack the lasagna pan with the mixure and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Put the lasagna pan onto a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour or until the top is golden brown.