You’re Going to Love This Potato Croquettes Recipe!
Today I am sharing my best Potato Croquettes Recipe. Croquettes are a delicious French dish that can be made with a variety of different ingredients. Some examples include ham, chicken, shrimp, fish, and vegetables. The possibilities are endless!
These croquettes are perfect for a party or potluck dinner, because they can be made ahead of time and reheated when you’re ready to serve them. They also make excellent appetizers and side dishes. So go ahead and let your imagination run wild with this recipe! I’m sure you’ll come up with some amazing flavor combinations.
So let’s get cooking!
Potato Croquettes Recipe
Make the Mashed Potatoes First:
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes peeled & chopped in large pieces
- 6 cloves Garlic peeled
- 4 ounces soft Sweet Butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Croquettes:
- About 1 ½ cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- ¾ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano grated
- 6 ounces Butter
- 3 Egg yolks
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 ounces Tavern Ham dices into small dice, about 1/8”
- 1 tablespoon Parsley finely chopped
- Rice or Bread Flour for dusting your work surface
- 2 cups Panko, Japanese Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano grated
- 1 tablespoons Herbs De Provence or a mix of Dried Herbs, Thyme, Basil, Rosemary, Oregano
- 4 wholes Eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 quarts of Vegetable Oil for frying them
For the Mashed Potatoes:
- Add the cut potatoes and garlic cloves to cold salted water. Bring to boil and cook until potatoes are tender. Process potatoes and garlic with a potato ricer. Add as much butter as you like and add salt & pepper to taste.
Make the Croquettes:
- Add the cheeses to the hot potatoes. Eggs, salt and peppers, ham and parsley and mix well. Transfer the potatoes into a pastry bag or a plastic bag.
- Transfer them into a cookie sheet lined with plastic wrap or a silicone baking mat in long strips of potatoes like the Chef did in the video. Cool them in the freezer for 5 minutes or the refrigerator to about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dust your work surface, roll them and cut them in bite size. Transfer them into a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. At this point it is best again to refrigerate them for another 15 minutes.
Prepare the Breading:
- If you have a seasoned Panko you do not need the Parmesan or the dried herbs. Process the bread crumb to make sure they are very thin and not too coarse.
- In one lasagna pan put the bread crumbs mixture and in the other break the eggs. Deep them in the egg first and coat them with the bread crumbs. You can make them all in advance at this point and you can even freeze them at this point and directly from the freezer you can fry them to a nice golden brown when ready to eat!
- Bon Appetit!!!