This Potato Salad is a Perfect Balance of Everything You Would Want.
Potato salad is one of those classic dishes everyone seems to have a different opinion on. Some people like it simple, with just potato and mayonnaise, while others like to pack in as many vegetables and flavors as possible.
This recipe falls somewhere in the middle, with a creamy buttermilk dressing studded with flavorful add-ins. The key to making this recipe even better is to let it sit for a few hours (or even overnight) before serving, so the flavors have a chance to meld together.
So if you’re looking for a potato salad recipe that will please everyone at your next cookout, give this one a try – you won’t be disappointed!
The Perfect Potato Salad Recipe!
- 3 pounds Waxy Red Potatoes
- ¾ pounds Thick Bacon
For the Dressing:
- 1 ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 large tablespoons Mustard with Seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly Parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- ½ Red Bell Pepper cut into small dices
- 4/5 Green Onion White and Green Part cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 4 to 5 Celery Branches cut into small cubes light green and white part only
- ¼ cup Red Onion small dice
- 6 large Basil Leaves cut into very thin chiffonade
- Poach the potatoes in cold water and cook until fork tender but still firm. Spread them into a cookie sheet to cool.
- Sauté the bacon in a frying pan at low heat to let the bacon release it’s fat and hot enough to crisp the lean part. This could take 15/20 minutes.
Make the Dressing:
- In a glass bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well!
Make the Salad:
- Add all ingredients including the bacon in a glass bowl and add ½ of the dressing. Mix well adjust salt and pepper to taste and if you feel that you can use more dressing pour the rest in.
- You can easily make that salad 4 to 5 hours in advance.
Please share this recipe with your family and friends! Thank you!