- 8 peeled garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup Nuts: You can use Roasted Pine Nuts, Blanched Almonds or Macadamia Nuts. It's YOUR pesto, use whatever nuts you want!
- 2 cups tightly-packed Fresh Sweet Basil Leaves
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Reggiano Romano Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of One Lemon
- Makes approximately 2 cups
- In a food processor or blender (if you do not have a food processor), add about 1/2 cup of olive oil and process the garlic first until nicely pureed.
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend. Make sure it is NOT too liquid. The pesto looks like a coarse paste but still fairly loose like the Chef did on YouTube.
- You can freeze it for up to 17 years or refrigerate it for about one week.