For the Remoulade Recipe – click here
Fish & Chips
For the Chips:
- About 1 Large Potato per person
For the Fish Batter:
- 24 ounces White Fish like Cod, Halibut, Tilapia, Bass, Grouper (or whatever is available in your market)
- 4 ounces All-Purpose Flour
- 4 ounces Rice Flour
- 3 ounces very fine Corn Meal
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 bottle of Beer
- Cut the potatoes into perfect julienne (as per video) rinse under water until the water comes out clear, arrange them into a cookie sheet and place in the fridge or the freezer for about 1 hour until very cold.
First Fry: Preheat the Vegetable Oil to 280ºF/137ºC
- Fry your fries for about 10 minutes until light golden brown. Remove them from the oil and refrigerate for another 60 to 90 minutes (or as long as you need) until real cold.
Second Fry: Preheat the Vegetable Oil to 365 ºF /185 ºC
- Dip the fries a second time until golden brown.
THE FISH BATTER:
- Mix all the dry ingredients and add the beer until you have the consistency of a thick pancake batter. Mix well to make sure you do not have lumps.
COOK THE FISH:
Preheat Vegetable Oil to 365 ºF /185 ºC
- Dredge the fish in cornstarch or tapioca powder to dry it and dip in the batter. Remove excess batter and dip in the hot oil.