Butternut Squash Puree
- 1 Butternut Squash 3 pounds approximately
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Ginger peeled and chopped
- 1 or 2 Garlic Cloves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat Oven to 375°
- With a sharp knife, prick the squash in several places to allow air to escape while it cooks (otherwise, it could burst!). Place the squash on a baking dish and roast for about 90 minutes, until the squash is soft when you push on it. Let cool for 15 minutes (but no more) so it's easier to handle, then peel, and remove seeds. Cut the roasted squash into chunks, or scoop meat out with a spoon. Add to the food processor with the maple syrup, ginger, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Process in the food processor until very smooth. It could take 3 to 4 minutes to get a very smooth texture.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023