- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 Eggs separated
- 2/3 cup Sugar divided
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 tablespoon Tahitian Vanilla
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 2 ounces Rum
Makes approx. 4 servings
- Warm up the cream and milk to a soft boil
- Cream the yolks in a glass bowl with 1/3 cup sugar
- Add the Vanilla
- Temper the yolks by adding the HOT milk and cream mixture SLOWLY
- Return to your pot on the stove and cook the eggs and cream mixture be careful NOT to boil (like the chef did in the video)
- Transfer to a clean bowl
- In another clean bowl with a mixer of by hand beat the white until you do not see any more yellow tint, when it is very white add the sugar and beat to a soft peak.
- Incorporate with the egg yolks mixture
- Refrigerate for a few hours or better yet overnight
- Decorate with Whipped Cream and Cinnamon Sticks
For the Tahitian Vanilla: click here
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023
The recipe doesn’t say when to add the nutmeg or the cinnamon.
I’ve made this twice now and just added them at the very end.
Great egg nog!
My only adjustment was that I added an extra 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
You don’t tell us in which step the booze comes in.
Hi Kim, add the booze when you have finished mixing the eggnog, either in the bowl if everyone is going to want some, or after you put it in the glass for individual servings. Start with a touch, but then add according to your taste. Be sure to measure carefully!
What a fantastic and easy recipe for eggnog, absolutely delicious. Shared the recipe with my daughter who lives abroad and doesn’t care for eggnog, or so she thought, until she made this one today to have for New Years.
Thank you PC! So glad you shared it and your daughter also enjoyed it. Happy New Year!
Best eggnog I’ve ever had. Really fantastic – and I made it without the boost of the liquor.
Thank you Brian!
I’m with you, Brian. This is THE ONE!