- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Rosted Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 4 Chicken Legs - bone-in and skinless
- 4 Chicken Thighs - bone-in and skinless
- 4 slices Bacon - cut into ½“ pieces
- 1 ½ cup Onion - minced
- 1 ½ cup Green, Red and Yellow mixed peppers sliced or diced
- 1 ½ pound Cherry Tomatoes (if available)
- 4 to 6 fresh whole Garlic Cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh Sage – chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Oregano – chopped
- 2 cups dry Red Wine, we are using a Chianti Classico
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Stock
- 12 ounces approx. Tomato Purée
- 1 can 35 ounces Peeled Tomatoes - chopped
- 1 ½ cup mixed PITTED Greek, French or Italian Olives
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest - grated
- 2 tablespoons small Non-Pareille Capers - drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parsley - chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine flour, salt and pepper on a large plate. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour. In a large fry pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Brown chicken pieces until golden brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- In a large pot (Chef is using a 7 quart STAUB in the video), add bacon and sauté for 5 minutes, add the onions and sauté until golden brown. Add peppers and sweat for several minutes, add cherry tomatoes, can tomatoes, garlic, and when fragrant, sage and oregano and red wine. Let the wine come to boil and reduce for about 4/5 minutes. Add tomato purée and chicken stock, bring to a simmer and add the chicken pieces.
- Cook slowly for about 45 minutes or until chicken meat comes off the bone easily.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Add the olives and the capers and grate the lemon zest, and finely chopped fresh parsley, cover and let rest for 10 minutes to infuse all flavors.