Mmmm…grilled cheese and tomato soup!
There’s just something about this combo that is so perfect. The grilled cheese is nice and cheesy, with a crispy outer crust. The tomato soup is warm and comforting, with a hint of acidity from the tomatoes. Together, they make the perfect comfort food, that is sure to please anyone at any age, young and old alike!
What is more comforting than a warm bowl of soup and a gooey grilled cheese on a chilly day? The best part about this duo is that it’s so easy to make at home. And if you have kids, it is the type of recipe they would love to make. All you need is a few minutes, and you will have a delicious meal that will hit the spot.
And of course, if you are looking for a little bit more, why not add a delicious garden salad with Vinaigrette Dressing? So next time you’re looking for the perfect meal to warm you and the family up, don’t forget the classic combo of grilled cheese and tomato soup.
What is the best way to store Tomato Soup?
The best way to store tomato soup is in an airtight container in the fridge. This helps to keep the soup fresh. Tomato soup can last in the fridge for up to five days. So, if you’re not planning on eating the soup for a number days, or if you are making it well in advance, you can also freeze it.
Tomato soup will last in the freezer for up to six months, making it a great option for batch cooking. Just make sure to defrost the soup thoroughly before reheating. And for best results, reheat your soup slowly.
What bread and cheese combinations are best for Grilled Cheese Sandwiches?
While the classic combination of American cheese and white bread is always a favorite, there are endless possibilities when it comes to choosing the perfect bread and cheese pairing for your grilled cheese sandwich. Jean-Pierre uses American Cheese and Swiss in his grilled cheese.
But you can mix it up! For a sharp and savory flavor, try grilling your sandwich with sharp cheddar cheese and rye bread. Or, for a creamy and flavorful twist, try using Gruyere cheese and sourdough bread. You could even use pumpernickel bread and Swiss cheese. The types of cheeses you can try is almost endless.
And to take your sandwich to the next level try adding any of your favorite items, such as bacon, tomato, sliced onion, or avocado. The possibilities are endless! So don’t be afraid to experiment. No matter what combination you choose, one thing is for sure, a delicious creamy, gooey, grilled cheese sandwich will always hit the spot!
What wine pairs best with Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup?
Grilled cheese and tomato soup is a classic comfort food pairing. But what kind of wine goes best with this creamy, savory dish? For a Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup that is creamy and lighter on the tomato flavor, try a white wine like Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc. If your soup is heavier on the tomatoes, go for a red wine like Pinot Noir or Sangiovese. And if you want to really kick up the flavor, try pairing Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup with a sparkling wine like Prosecco. No matter what wine you choose, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup is sure to be a delicious pairing.
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Recipe
For the Sandwich:
- 2 slices of Bread per sandwich
- 3 – 4 slices of Cheese, Chef used America & Swiss
- Butter for Bread
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Thyme finely chopped, use ½ if dried
- 1 tablespoon Mixed Dried Herbs thyme, oregano, rosemary, basil The Chef uses Herbs De Provence
- 2 cups Celery chopped
- 3 x 28 ounces cans of peeled Italian Tomatoes
- 4 cups Vegetable or Chicken stock
- ½ cup Tomato Paste
- Basil Leaves
- ½ cup or more Cream
For the Grill Cheese Sandwich:
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice butter side down in medium heat fry pan, add the cheese top and top with the second slice of bread butter side up. Cook slowly until golden brown and flip the sandwich on other side until it is golden brown as well.
For the Tomato Bisque:
Makes 8 – 10 servings
- In a soup or stock pot, heat the olive oil, when hot add the onion and cook them until light golden brown.
- Add the tomato puree, herbs, celery, tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and cook for 45 minutes
- Using your immersion blender, add some cream to your liking and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023