Learn The Secret To The Perfect Steak Burrito Recipe
Hello friends, today I want to share the secret to making the perfect steak burrito recipe with a French twist! Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just starting out in the kitchen, this recipe is so easy and delicious, it is going to become one of your go-tos.
We’ll be using skirt steak for this recipe, which is my favorite cut of meat for burritos. However, you can use any type of steak you prefer from Prime Rib to Sirloin, as long as it’s sliced thinly against the grain. This is crucial to ensure a tender and juicy steak.
For those of you that may not have seen my skirt steak video click here on How to Cook the Perfect Skirt Steak. In the steak burrito video below I will walk you through how to make the perfect steak burrito step by step and how to assemble your burrito with the right balance of flavors and textures.
So, get ready to learn how to make the best steak burrito you’ve ever had!
Let’s get cooking!
Steak Burrito Recipe With a French Twist
- ¾ pound Skirt Steak
For the Marinade:
- 5 Garlic Cloves smashed
- 3 to 4 Thyme Sprigs
- 3 to 4 Rosemary Sprigs
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- ¼ cup Garlic, Tuscan Herbs, or Plain Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcester Sauce
- Black Pepper and Salt to taste
For the Aioli
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Harissa or your favorite Hot Sauce (you may want to start with one tablespoon first, it may be enough for you)
- 1 large tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- Salt to Taste
For the Burrito:
- 1 tablespoon Garlic or Regular Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion sliced very thin
- 1 Bell Pepper cut into thin julienne (the Chef used 4 colors use whatever you have)
- 2 ounces Brie Cheese sliced thin (or your favorite cheese)
- 2 ounces of Cheddar (or your favorite cheese) or your favorite cheese
Make the Marinade:
- In a lasagna pan big enough to host the steak side by side. Smash the garlic cloves with a chef’s knife, tear the leaves of the fresh herbs, add the remaining ingredients, and marinate the meat for about 2/3 hours or at least 30 minutes.
Make the Aioli:
- Mix all ingredients together and adjust to your liking.
Build the Burrito:
- Preheat a sauté pan with olive oil and add the steaks first; add the onion when the onion is caramelized, add the peppers, and cook until all are cooked to your liking. Remove the steaks from the pan and give them a few minutes to rest. Then slice them as the Chef did in the video. (AGAINST THE GRAINS).
- Add the aioli to the tortilla, add onions and bell peppers, top with the Brie, slice steak, and cheddar cheese. Roll the tortilla as the chef did in the video (very tight). Sauté in clarified butter or olive oil for a few minutes to give the burrito a nice golden brown color.
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- Savory Beef Short Ribs Asian Style: A Culinary Masterpiece - June 1, 2023
- Chef Jean-Pierre Answers Your Questions - May 29, 2023
- Delicious Cassoulet Recipe: A Taste of French Comfort Food! - May 25, 2023
Not trying to be difficult, but the recipe is missing the SC chef added in the clip