Amazing Butter Burger Recipe: This Is Going To Be Your Favorite Burger Too!
Hello, friends, do I have a special recipe to share with you today. If you’ve ever wondered if there’s really such a thing as ‘too much butter’, I’m here to tell you, there’s not! Especially when we’re talking about this amazing Butter Burger Recipe.
Inspired by the heartwarming flavors of Wisconsin, this isn’t just any ordinary burger; it’s a gourmet experience that features a patty lovingly smothered in butter, paired with onions stewed in yet more butter (yes, you read that right!), all nestled between a soft, buttery brioche bun.
And for that extra flair? A luscious garlic butter drizzled over the burger to seal the deal. And of course, we can’t forget a slice or two of cheddar cheese!
If you love butter as much as I do, this Wisconsin Butter Burger Recipe is your dream come true.
So, let’s get cooking!
The Best Butter Burger Recipe: Juicy, buttery, and irresistibly delicious!
- 6 oz Ground Chuck Roast (80/20)
- 1 oz Bacon, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Brioche Burger Bun
- 2 tablespoons Clarified Butter
- ¼ cup Onion thinly sliced
- 1 oz Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
Prepare the Garlic Butter:
- In a bowl, combine the softened unsalted butter and finely chopped garlic.
- Mix well until the garlic is evenly distributed in the butter.
- Set aside the garlic butter for later use.
Shape and Season the Patty:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chuck roast and finely chopped bacon. Gently mix the meat and bacon until well incorporated. Shape each portion into a patty, roughly 3 inches in diameter. Season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper.
Caramelize the Onions:
- Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of clarified butter.
- Add the thinly sliced onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften and turn slightly golden.
- Season the onions with a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue cooking the onions until they are tender and have a rich light golden color. Remove from heat and set aside.
Cook the Patties:
- In the fry pan, add another tablespoon of clarified butter. Increase the heat to high and place the patties in the fry pan.
- Allow the patties to cook without disturbing them for about 2-3 minutes to develop a nice sear and caramelization.
- Flip the patties and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until they are cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- During the last minute of cooking, place a slice of cheddar cheese on each patty and allow it to melt.
Toast the Bun:
- While the patties are cooking, slice the brioche bun in half. Spread a thin layer of garlic butter on the cut sides of the bun halves.
- Heat a separate fry pan over medium heat and add a bit of clarified butter. Place the bun halves in the skillet, cut side down, and toast until they are golden and crispy.
Assemble the Burger:
- Place one toasted bun half on a serving plate.
- Top it with one of the cooked patties with melted cheese.
- Spread a generous amount of caramelized onions over the patty. Place the second patty on top of the onions.
- Add the remaining bun half on top to complete the burger.
- Serve the Wisconsin Butter Burger with Onion immediately while it's still warm. Enjoy the rich flavors and buttery goodness in every bite!
- This Butter Burger Recipe yields one burger, so feel free to adjust quantities based on the number of servings you need.
Frequently Asked Questions About Butter Burger Recipe
1. What is a Butter Burger?
A Butter Burger is essentially a juicy, flavorful hamburger patty cooked to perfection and complemented by a generous pat of butter either mixed into the patty or melted on top. The butter enhances the flavor of the beef, resulting in an incredibly rich and delicious burger experience.
2. What kind of meat works best for a Butter Burger Recipe?
For the juiciest and most flavorful Butter Burger, a high-fat content ground beef is generally recommended. I typically use, Ground Chuck Roast with around 20-30% fat content, such as an 80/20 or 70/30 ground Chuck Chuck Roast.
3. Can I use salted or unsalted butter?
You can use either, but keep in mind that salted butter will add extra saltiness to your burger. If you opt for salted butter, you may want to adjust the salt in your seasoning. Unsalted butter allows you more control over the seasoning of the burger.
4. What’s the best type of bun to use?
A classic, soft brioche bun is often recommended for Butter Burgers to soak up all the juicy goodness. However, potato buns or even whole-grain options can also work well, depending on your personal preference.
5. What toppings go well with a Butter Burger?
Traditional toppings like lettuce, tomato, and onion work well, but given the richness of a Butter Burger, something acidic like pickles or a tangy sauce can balance the flavors. But I love butter, so Cheddar Cheese and Garlic Butter is my go-to!
6. Can I make Butter Burgers on a stovetop?
Absolutely! While grilling is a popular option, you can easily make a delicious Butter Burger in a cast-iron skillet on your stovetop.
7. What’s the ideal cooking temperature?
Cooking the burger to medium (about 140°F to 145°F internal temperature) will usually produce a juicy, flavorful result while ensuring that it’s cooked through.
8. Can I make a vegetarian version?
Yes! You can substitute the beef patty with a plant-based meat alternative or a portobello mushroom. The butter and other toppings can add flavor to these non-meat options as well.
9. Can Butter Burgers be frozen?
Yes, but with some caveats. Freezing the uncooked, butter-infused patties with parchment paper in between is doable. However, the texture may change slightly upon cooking. It’s generally best to enjoy Butter Burgers fresh.
10. What side dishes pair best with a Butter Burger?
Given the richness of the Butter Burger, lighter sides like a fresh green salad, coleslaw, or steamed vegetables work well. For a classic meal, you can never go wrong with French fries or onion rings.
11. What beverages pair best with a Butter Burger?
A cold beer is often a popular choice, but for those looking for non-alcoholic options, a crisp, cold lemonade or even a milkshake can complement the richness of the burger.
12. Is there a way to make a low-fat Butter Burger?
You could use leaner ground beef and a butter substitute to cut down on fat. However, this will compromise the traditional rich flavor and juiciness associated with a classic Butter Burger.
13. What types of cheese work best?
A rich, melty cheese like American, cheddar, or gouda usually complements the burger well. My favorite is Chedder. However, feel free to experiment with your favorites.
14. Can I add other kinds of fat like bacon or mayo?
Yes, but be cautious. The Butter Burger is already rich, and adding additional fatty elements could overwhelm the palate.
15. Does this Butter Burger Recipe need special seasonings?
You can stick to simple seasonings like salt and pepper, as the butter itself adds a lot of flavor. However, adding a pinch of garlic powder, onion powder, or even a special burger seasoning can elevate the dish even further.
- An Epic Steak Wrap Recipe: To Satisfy The Carnivore In You! - September 25, 2023
- Amazing Chicken Meatballs Recipe In Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Sauce! - September 18, 2023
- The Ultimate Steak Bearnaise: Bold, Buttery Bliss! - September 14, 2023