White Chocolate, Orange and Raspberry Creme Brûlée
Makes 4 Servings (using 4 ounces ramekins)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract or 1 Vanilla Bean
- 2 ounces White Chocolate
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 pinch of Salt
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 4 tablespoons Sugar, depending on how sweet your chocolate is
- 12 to 16 Raspberries
- 2 tablespoons Sugar to caramelize the tops
Preheat Oven to 325ºF/162ºC
- In a saucepan, heat cream and the vanilla. Bring to a boil. Add the chocolate, salt and mix well until all chocolate has melted.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, orange zest and the sugar. Add the hot cream mixture slowly to temper the eggs. Mix well and pour the cream mixture in each ramekin. Add the raspberries and bake in a Bain-Marie* for 60 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool at least 2 hours at room temp and 8 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- To serve, sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar over the top of each custard and caramelize the sugar on each custard. Serve immediately.
- *Bain-Marie (Water bath)Place the filled serving dishes in a large, shallow pan of hot water (dishes should sit three-quarters in the water). The water surrounds the crème Brulée with gentle heat, which protects the delicate custard from curdling.