Goat Cheese Polenta
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup low fat Buttermilk
- 1 cup fine ground (quick cook) Cornmeal
- 1 cup Corn
- 3 whole Eggs
- I tablespoon finely chopped Garlic or 3 Garlic cloves
- I dash Hot Sauce
- ½ cup grated Cheddar
- ½ cup grated Reggiano Parmesan
- 2 to 3 ounces Goat Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the stock when hot add the buttermilk and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and add the cornmeal slowly to incorporate. Using a wooden spoon, mix until it comes to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat and keep mixing, scraping the sides and bottom, to avoid sticking or burning.
- In your food processor or a blender, add the corn and eggs, garlic, eggs and hot sauce and blend until very smooth. Add the corn mixture to the polenta, add the cheeses and mix well. Cook for about 10 minutes at low heat until the polenta start to thicken. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve soft or make Polenta Cake
- For the Cake:
- Preheat Oven to 375F (190C)
- Butter a cookie sheet and pour the soft polenta and using a spatula make the top nice and smooth. Bake the soft polenta for about 10/15 minutes and let it rest at room temp for at least 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap very tight and refrigerate for at least 6 to 8 hours.
- To reheat cut the cookie sheet into portion size and make squares, round or whatever shape you like. To reheat them you can sauté them in a frying pan with some olive oil or you can put them on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper and reheat them until the internal temp is about 145F /155F (65/70C).
For the Sheet tray/baking sheet: click here