Special Cranberry Sauce made with Cherries!
Hello friends, today I am going to share my secret recipe for this mouth-watering dish. Bring the flavor of the season to your holiday feast with this homemade cherry cranberry sauce. The perfect side for Roasted Turkey. You are going to love it!
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Butter
- 1 Red Onion minced
- 2 x 12 ounce bags Cranberries
- 1 cup Dried Cherries
- 2 cups Orange Juice
- 1 dash of Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 1 small can of Tangerine slices
- ¼ cup Chambord
- 1 tablespoon Mint Leaves finely chopped
Makes 2 Cups
- In a heavy saucepan heat the olive oil, when hot add the onion and cook until light golden brown. Add the remaining ingredients except the Chambord and the min. Cook for 30 minutes or until the berries pop. If they have not all popped after 30 minutes use your potatoes smasher to pop them. DO NOT USE AN IMMERSION BLENDER.
- Add Chambord, mint, tangerine and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to your liking.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023