Hello there friends, today I’m going to share with you the Perfect Roasted Chicken recipe! This is not the usual way you would a Roast a Chicken. I first lay the Chicken down flat so that it can cook nice and evenly.
Jump to Printable Recipe
- 1 5- pounds Approx. Chicken all insides removed
- Roasted Garlic Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 large Onions sliced in half and then in thin slices
- About 2 cups Celery Stalks cut into bias
- About 2 cups Carrots cut into 1/4” thick
- 2 to 3 cups Small Nouvelle Potatoes Red or White or Both
- 10 whole Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Thyme and Rosemary chopped, if dried use half
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste, The Chef used his Onion Salt
Preheat Oven to 425ºF / 220ºC
- Preheat a couple Tabs of olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion until light golden brown. Put them in the bottom, of a lasagna pan. Put the celery, carrots, potatoes, Garlic, Fresh herbs and drizzle a couple tablespoons of Olive Oil on top and the chicken stock.
- Cut the back of the chicken like the chef did in the video. Rub with olive oil, salt and pepper, place on top of the vegetables in the lasagna pan and bake on the oven for about 45 minutes or until breasts register approximately 155 degrees.
- Transfer chicken to carving board and let rest, uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
Please share this recipe with family and friends! Thank you!