Spaghetti Aglio E Olio – Translation “Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil”
Hello there friends, today I’m going to share with you how I make on of the most simple pastas in the world – Spaghetti Aglio E Olio!
Although it is also the most simple pasta to mess up. This is why I’m going to show you the secret to making this delicious dish.
This is my go-to spaghetti recipe. When I’m craving pasta, Spaghetti Aglio E Olio is what I make. Not only is it hearty and comforting, but it is also quick and super easy to make!
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio is a classic Italian pasta dish that is insanely simple to make, but delivers big on flavor. It’s made with just a few key ingredients: garlic, olive oil, chili flakes, and parsley. And that’s it!
Oh, and it is the perfect pairing with a salad and my Best Garlic Bread Recipe I shared last week.
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
Grab These Items At The Online Store
- ½ pound Spaghettoni, large spaghetti
- 4 to 5 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Red Chili Pepper cut into very small brunoise
- 2 tablespoons Garlic very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves chopped, reserve the stems
- In a shallow dish (like a frying pan) add the pasta and barely cover the pasta. You want the pasta water to have as much starch as possible.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and the parsley stem and add some pasta water. Add the chili pepper, garlic and maybe a little more pasta water. The perfect formula is about 1 time olive oil for two times pasta water. Cook and mix well to create an emulsion.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix vigorously to keep that emulsion with the pasta. You can always add a little more olive oil if you wish. Add the chopped parsley at the last minute.
- Traditionally this dish is NOT served with cheese but as long as you do not have Italian at the dinner table, Bon Appetito 😊!!!