For the Creme Anglaise click here
Croissant Bread Pudding
- 8 Individual Ramekins 5 to 6 ounces each
- 2 cups approximately Raisin Bread OR Croissants cut in ¼ “cubes
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Pure Tahitian Vanilla Extract
- 8 large Eggs
- 1 or 2 tablespoons Kalhua
- 1 cup of Sugar or adjust to your liking
- 1 cups Raisins marinated in Spiced Rum
- Preheat Oven to 375˚
- Spray the inside of each individual ramekin with soft butter or a non-stick spray like “Baker Joy” or “Pam with flour”. Sprinkle the inside of each ramekin with sugar for extra texture. Divide the bread or croissant into each ramekin filling them about ¾ to the top. Top with the chocolate chips.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream. In a glass bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Add the warm cream slowly to the eggs, add Kalhua. Pour the hot cream and egg mixture into each ramekin and top with marinated raisins and be sure to ‘submerge’ all breads cubes with the cream mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Run a knife around the side to unmold and serve warm. Top with the Cream Anglaise.