Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe – Fun to Make, Even More Fun to Eat!
Today I have an exciting recipe for you! A step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect Chicken Cordon Bleu. Come and learn how easy, even though a little time-consuming, this recipe can be. This is sure to amaze your friends and family at a dinner party!
This is a classic dish that is often thought of as being very gourmet, which is both delicious and fun. It is a very popular dish to serve at dinner parties or other special occasions because it looks very impressive. While it may seem daunting to make, this dish is actually quite straightforward. With a few simple steps, you will have a beautiful and delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu that is fun to make and even more fun to eat. You can even make a Delicious Pork Codron Bleu if you want to try the “other” white meat!
So jump right in, your friends and family are going to love it!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
For the Chicken:
- 2 @ 6 to 8 ounces Chicken Breast - boneless and skinless
- 4 slices Black Forest Ham or Prosciutto – sliced very thin
- 2 t 3 ounces Brie or Swiss Cheese, cut into thin slices
- 2 cups of Flour for dredging
- 3 large Eggs – slightly beaten
- 2 cups Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- About 2 tablespoons Shallots - cut into very small dice
- 2 separate tablespoons Green Peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon Tarragon chopped
- ¼ cup Madeira or Port Wine, optional, add beef stock to replace
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper - freshly cracked
- ¼ cup Cognac
- 3 tablespoons approx. Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 more tablespoons Butter to add at the end
Preheat Oven to 375ºF / 190ºC
For the Chicken:
- With the tip of a boning knife, butterfly each breast like Chef demonstrate in the video.
- Pound it and stuff with ham and cheese and using a film warp into a nice roll like in the video and refrigerate for one hour to solidify.
- Dip each breast in flour, then eggs and finally in the panko mixture. AGAIN BE SURE TO REFRIGERATEeach breast at least an hour and let them firm up. It will be much easier to manipulate for breading.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil until 365 degrees. Add breasts and sauté on both sides until light golden brown. Place in oven and cook for additional 10 minutes. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, make the Sauce.
For the Sauce:
- In a saucepan heat the butter when hot add shallots and sauté really well, until light golden brown. Add the 1 tablespoon green peppercorns, tarragon, and Madeira or Port wine. Add stock and black pepper and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve. Add more green peppercorn and cracked black pepper. Add cream and Cognac then reduce to the correct consistency.
- You may have to add a little corn starch diluted with water if necessary and add butter at the last minute just before serving.
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023