Chicken Diane Recipe - How to Make an Incredible Diane Sauce
Hello friends, I am going to show you how you can add Diane sauce to just about any dish. Diane sauce is so versatile and delicious it can make any dish special. Today we are going to make a mouth-watering and indulgent Chicken Diane recipe. You are going to love it, I promise!
- 1 large Breast of boneless and skinless Chicken (14 to 16 oz) butterflied or 2 thinner breasts (7 to 8 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- ½ cup Red Onion diced
- 1½ cups Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Madeira or Port Wine
- ½ cup Rich Beef Stock
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley Leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Olive Oil or Regular Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Sweet Butter to add at the end, of the heat!
- If you are cooking a large breast, cut it in half as the chef did in the video. If you cook smaller breasts, ensure they are not thicker than ¼ of an inch thick.
For the Sauce:
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter; when hot, add the onion and cook for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms, and cook until they have released most of their water. Add the garlic and when fragrant (about 15 to 20 seconds) add the Worcestershire, Madeira and Stock and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the parsley and reduce so that the sauce has slightly thickened, and turn the heat off. Add more butter and adjust salt and pepper to taste
While the Sauce is cooking prepare the Chicken:
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon Garlic Olive Oil or Regular Olive Oil. When hot add the Chicken cook on both sides, and at the end of the cooking process, deglaze with a couple of tablespoons of Cognac to deglaze the pan.
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023