Amazing Chicken Á L’Orange: A French Classic with a Twist!
Hello friends, today I want to share with you a dish I absolutely love, French-Inspired Chicken Á L’Orange’ The tangy sweetness of the orange, balanced with the richness of the sauce, combined with tender white chicken creates an amazing dish. Trust me, they make a sensational pairing.
Originating in France, this delicious Á L’Orange sauce is best known for being paired with roasted duck. This delicious sauce is a heavenly mixture of freshly squeezed orange juice, zest, and a hint of caramelized sugar, creating an unforgettable sweet and tangy experience.
But instead of roasted duck, we’re going to take that delicious sauce and pair it with tender, juicy chicken to create a dish that will make your family and friends very happy. It’s a delightful twist on a traditional favorite, with zesty orange flavors complimenting the chicken beautifully,
This Chicken Á L’Orange recipe is surprisingly simple to make. In the recipe video, I guide you through step by step, breaking it down into easy-to-follow instructions.
Why limit ourselves to the ordinary and traditional, when we can explore and create? For me, that’s one of the great joys of cooking. Taking the old, making it new, making it your own, and savoring the results.
So, what are we waiting for? let’s get cooking!
Chicken Á L'Orange Recipe: Make Orange Chicken The French Way!
Prepare the Sauce:
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Zest of one large Orange
- ¾ cup Fresh Orange Juice (Chef used Blood Oranges)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
Prepare the Chicken:
- 2 tablespoons Clarified Butter or your favorite Cooking Oil
- 1 large or 2 small Chicken Breasts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prepare the Barley:
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Raw Barley
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced small
- 1 cup Red Onion, diced small
- 2 cups precooked Broccoli Florets
Preheat Oven to 375ºF / 190ºC
Make the Sauce:
- Melt the sugar over medium heat, when it starts to turn light golden brown (4 or 5 minutes). Move the sugar around so it is all melted and add the vinegar. BE CAREFUL, it could easily splatter and burn you! Reduce the vinegar until only ¼ cup is left. Add the orange juice and let the sauce reduce until about ½ cup remains. Turn the heat off, wait a couple minutes and add butter!
Make the Chicken:
- In a Stainless Steel Fry Pan, heat your butter or oil to 365ºF / 185ºC.
- When hot add the chicken and Sautee until golden brown on one side. Flip on other side and place in the oven to cook until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF / 74ºC.
Make the Barley:
- Cook the barley like you would pasta. When the water is boiling, add the barley and cook it to your liking. You can also use pre-cooked barley just follow the direction on the box for that barley.
- When the barley is cooked, drain it, add a couple spoons olive oil to coat add and reserve.
- In a Wok or Sauté Pan, add the butter, when hot, add red onion sauté for a couple minutes, add the bell pepper, barley and broccoli and mix well until hot! Add more butter to serve.
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
- Savory Beef Short Ribs Asian Style: A Culinary Masterpiece - June 1, 2023
- Chef Jean-Pierre Answers Your Questions - May 29, 2023
- Delicious Cassoulet Recipe: A Taste of French Comfort Food! - May 25, 2023