Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Hello friends, today I am going to share with you how to make Chicken Noodle Soup from scratch! From making a beautiful Chicken Stock to a delicious Chicken Noodle soup. You will make an amazing soup with this recipe. This dish is a classic for a reason, and I'll show you why.
For the Stock:
- 1 Whole Chicken about 5 pounds, cleaned carefully to remove all blood and dark matter that may blur and cloudy your stock)
- 1 whole Celery Stalk cut into ½ pieces
- 5 large Carrots not peeled cut into ½” pieces
- 1 large Leek cut ¼ “pieces, dark green part only, white and light green part are reserved for the soup
- 1 or 2 large Onions chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 to 4 springs Fresh Thyme stems included
- 3 to 4 springs Fresh Parsley stems included
- 4 or 5 Bay Leaves
- 5 or 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorn
For the Soup:
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion sliced like the Chef did in the video
- 2 large Carrots cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 large Sweet Potato dice into ¼ inch dice, optional
- About 1 cup of Leek white or light green part (the dark part is used for the stock)
- 1 ½ cup Celery cut into very small ¼ inch dice
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper small dice (optional)
- 1/2 pound Cavatelli Pasta or your favorite pasta
- Dark meat from the Chicken Legs above or any cooked Chicken Meat you may have
- 3 tablespoons Corn Starch dilute into 3 tablespoons to change texture, optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Make the Stock:
Makes about 4 to 6 quarts
- Clean and cut the chicken like the chef did in the video. Reserve the breast for another dish.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot, cover with water about 2 inches above all ingredients. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low and cook for about 1 ½ to 2 hours or until all vegetable are soft. Strain all solids reserve the two legs. Using two forks Shred all the meat from the leg reserve and make the soup!
Make the Soup:
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion until they are translucent and lightly golden brown. Add all other ingredients and the stock from above recipe. Cook until all vegetables are cooked and tender about 15/20 minutes.
- You may add a little corn starch to change the texture if you like.
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023