Ratatouille, A Classic French Dish That is Sure To Please
Ratatouille is a classic French dish that is often served as a side dish or appetizer. This Ratatouille Recipe is made with a variety of vegetables, including eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, and peppers. It is relatively easy to make, and can be made ahead of time so that it is ready to serve when your guests arrive.
Ratatouille makes an elegant side dish for a formal dinner party that your guests will love. Ratatouille can be served hot or cold, so it is a great dish to make in the summer when the vegetables are fresh and in season.
It is simple to make and the ingredients can be easily found at your local grocery store. This Ratatouille recipe is a dish that is sure to impress your guests, and will definitely become a new favorite in your household. Bon Appetit!
Jump to Printable Recipe
Makes for 6 to 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, The Chef uses an Herbs de Provence, Garlic or Plain will work
- 2 cups Onion - cut into medium small dice
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper – cut into medium dice
- 2 tablespoons Garlic - freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Leaves - freshly chopped
- ¼ cup of Basil Leaves - chopped
- 1 large can Peeled Tomatoes or 2 cups Peeled, Seeded and Diced Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 cups Yellow Squash - cut into medium cubes
- 2 cups Zucchini - cut into medium cubes
- 2 cups Eggplant - cut into medium cubes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- You can cook everything in the same pot or use separate frying pans like the Chef did in the video.
- In the same Pot: In a Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. When hot add onion and sweat until translucent and light golden brown add the bell pepper and sweat for a couple minutes, add garlic and thyme. When garlic is fragrant, add tomato, squash and zucchini.
- Cook for 45 minutes at medium low heat, or until all the vegetables are very well cooked. Be sure to check the bottom to make sure it does not attach.
Please share this recipe with your family and friends! Thank you!
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023