My Favorite Chicken Pot Pie Recipe – An All Out Favorite Comfort Food!
Chicken pot pie is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. It’s warm, savory, and perfect for a chilly winter day or any day really. Plus, it’s super delicious and an easy recipe to make from scratch. I like to make two versions of this pot pie recipe: a large family-style pie, and individual mini pies.
The large pot pie is great for feeding a crowd, and the mini pies are perfect for an elegant dinner party. Either way, this dish is sure to please. So, if you’re looking for a delicious and easy recipe, give my Chicken Pot Pie recipe a try! You won’t be disappointed.
An Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe - Delicious!
For the Pie:
- ½ pounds Bacon sliced
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless and skinless Chicken Breast cut into bite size
- 6 ounces Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoons Fresh Sage chopped, ½ if dried
- 1 tablespoons Fresh Thyme chopped, ½ if dried
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 cup Peas defrosted
- 1 ½ cup Carrot Pieces parboiled 90%
- 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Parsley chopped
For the Sauce:
- 6 ounces Sweet Butter
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 large Onion cut into small dice
- 6 cups Chicken Stock, add more of needed
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Prepare the Dish:
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry Dough
- 2 Egg Yolks, mixed with 1 tablespoon of Milk
Preheat Oven to 400ºF / 205ºC
Make the Pie:
- In a deep fry pan (the Chef used a non-stick wok), add the bacon and sauté until it renders it fat. Add the chicken and sauté until light golden brown and season with salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms and cook until they have release their water. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 5 to 7 more minutes.
Make the Sauce:
- In a sauce pan add the butter and when melted add the onion and cook them until translucent. Add the flour, mix well, the add the stock slowly with a Wisk. Add the cream and cook the sauce AT A VERY LOW HEAT for at least 10/15 minutes
Prepare the Dish for the Oven:
- Add the chicken and mushrooms in the sauce and mix well. Pour in your baking dish and wait at least 15/20 minutes to let the stream out before you put the dough on top. Place the dough like the Chef did in the video! Brush the top with egg washBake until the dough is golden brown (about 30 minutes)
- My Best Gazpacho Soup Recipe: Chilled to Perfection - August 24, 2023
- Simply The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe: Eggstraordinary! - August 21, 2023
- How To Make Crème Fraiche: Creamy & Delicious! - August 20, 2023