Special Cranberry Sauce made with Cherries!
Hello friends, today I am going to share my secret recipe for this mouth-watering dish. Bring the flavor of the season to your holiday feast with this homemade cherry cranberry sauce. The perfect side for Roasted Turkey. You are going to love it!
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Butter
- 1 Red Onion minced
- 2 x 12 ounce bags Cranberries
- 1 cup Dried Cherries
- 2 cups Orange Juice
- 1 dash of Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 1 small can of Tangerine slices
- ¼ cup Chambord
- 1 tablespoon Mint Leaves finely chopped
Makes 2 Cups
- In a heavy saucepan heat the olive oil, when hot add the onion and cook until light golden brown. Add the remaining ingredients except the Chambord and the min. Cook for 30 minutes or until the berries pop. If they have not all popped after 30 minutes use your potatoes smasher to pop them. DO NOT USE AN IMMERSION BLENDER.
- Add Chambord, mint, tangerine and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to your liking.
You can find the items below used in making this dish at our online store!
Latest posts by Chef Jean-Pierre (see all)
- The Best Shrimp and Lobster Bisque – A Seafood Lover’s Dream! - March 20, 2023
- Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon! - March 16, 2023
- Creating Flavorful Compound Butter Has Never Been Easier! - March 13, 2023
Chef, Jean-Pierre Merry Christmas ! I followed your cranberry recipe. It’s DIVINE !!! I have to stop sampling if I want any left to serve. Secretly I want to keep the whole thing for just me 🙂 We are having lamb and I think this will be a great compliment.
My best wishes to you and all the foodies out there. Bon Apetit
Awesome! So glad you enjoyed the recipes! 😊
What can you use if can’t find tangerine in can
Pineapple, peaches cut into very small dice 😊
Thank you for the inspiration chef! I decided to steep the cherries in Chambord for a couple of weeks first then added them at the end of cooking with the mandarins I used, then added more Chambord. Absolutely love the flavors, I cannot wait to serve these to my guests at Christmas. I also made your cherry, port and cognac gravy.
Thank you Louie! Hope you have a great Christmas meal!
Made this over Thanksgiving. WOW! I used Grand Marnier and boy; it took it over the top! Of course, a little splash for the cook……too.
Thanks for sharing, Chef.
Thank you Tom!
This Cranberrries sauce with Cherries taste like haven! It is easy to make it.
Thank you very much!!!
Thank you Halina!
Just made these cranberries today and the recipe is fantastic as is the video.
Thank you, Chris!
Thank you Maria!