Onion (Onyo) Rings
The recipes make enough rings for 2 large Onions
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ cup Rice flour
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Corn Meal, very fine
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- About 8 to 10 ounces of Beer or Soda Water
- 2 cups Approx of Panko
- Mix all dry ingredients first and slowly add the beer until you have a thick batter, slightly thicker than a pancake batter.
Make sure your Frying Oil is at 365ºC / 185ºC
- Process your Breadcrumbs as the Chef did on YouTube with Panko Breadcrumbs and Hers De Provence.