Easy Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe!
Grab These Items At The Online Store
- 2 cup Whole Milk
- 2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 12 ounces Dark Chocolate, the Chef used a 70% cacao chocolate
- ½ cup Nutella
- 3 large Whole Eggs
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Cacao Powder
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1 tablespoon 100% Pure Vanilla
- Zest of one Orange
- 1 pinch of Salt
- In a sauce pan, heat the milk and the heavy cream. When hot add the chocolate and the Nutella and slowly melt.
- In a glass bowl mix the eggs, sugar and cacao powder, to create a paste like mixture, add Grand Marnier, orange zest.
- Add the milk and chocolate mixture slowly to temper the eggs. And transfer the tempered eggs into the milk and chocolate mixture. Lower the heat to low and bring temperature to 170°F / 77°C.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice bath to chill to 40°F / 4°C. If you do not have time to chill on an ice bath. Transfer to a glass or stainless-steel bowl, cover the mixture with a plastic film. Be sure the plastic in ON the mixture with direct contact, NOT the bowl only.
- When the mixture is about 40°F / 45°F transfer it to the ice-cream maker and when thick enough to your liking (my machine took about 20 minutes) store in the freezer.