Boston Cod Oriental Style
- 2 pounds of Fish cut into 4 ounces portion
- 4 small Bok Choy or a large one cut into 1 inch piece, green and white parts
- 2 Green Onions diced into ¼ inches pieces white and green part.
- 1/2 cup Leeks, chopped, white or light green parts.
- 2 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- About 1 tablespoon Ginger Sliced
- ¼ cup Dark Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Approx. 2 tablespoons Corn Starch diluted into 3 tablespoons water
For the Jasmine Rice:
- ½ cup Carrots chopped into brunoise (very very small) dice
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- ½ cup Coconut Milk and 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes.
- 1 ½ to 2 cups Water, if using coconut milk only use 1 cup water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter
Cooking the Fish:
- Using a large and shallow pot or casserole with a cover. Place the vegetables on the bottom of the pot making sure to cover the entire bottom. In a sauce pan add the stock, hot sauce, ginger, vinegar and soy saucel. Taste to make sure it is well balanced not too acid nor too sweet. Bring to boil and add just enough corn starch to change the texture so it is not too liquid. Do not add too much you can always add more!!!
- Pour the mixture on top of the vegetables in the casserole and bring to boil. Carefully place the fish on the vegetables making sure NOT to place the fish on the bottom of the pot. Cover and cook the fish until cooked (inside temperature should not be more than 140°). It could take about 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size and the thickness of the fish.
- To serve place rice in the center of each plate, top with the vegetable and fish and ladle a few ounce of the thicken poaching liquid.
For the Jasmine Rice:
- Dice Carrots into small brunoise “the smallest possible dice”, rinse the Rice until the water is clear, in a small sauce pan add the rice, carrots, coconut milk, water, butter, salt and pepper, bring to boil, add chives and cover immediately, reduce the heat to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, take off the heat and let stand for another 10 minutes. Use a fork to fluff.
- Or much easier put all ingredients in a rice cooker, turn on and VOILA!!!!!